Our physical office spaces are closed; all DSEA staff have moved to remote work environments indefinitely. You can still contact staff at our regular office numbers (Dover: 734-5834, Newark: 366-8440, & Toll-Free 866-734-5834 ) and email addresses. If you aren’t sure who to email, call the respective offices and they will pass your information on to the appropriate staff member. Thank you in advance for your patience during this time.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO JOIN DSEA-Retired?
“Any retired person who was an employee of a school, university, or other educational institution or agency operating under the laws of the State of Delaware if he/she is also a member of NEA-Retired. Members shall maintain unified membership.” (DSEA-Retired Bylaws)
- Active Retired - Membership shall be open to any retired person who was an employee of a school, university, or other educational institution or agency operating under the laws of the State of Delaware if he/she is also a member of the NEA-Retired. Members shall maintain unified Membership. Annual dues are $65; these can be paid by check, cash or pension deduction. Lifetime Membership is $550 which is a one-time payment. With a lifetime membership, an active DSEA member can join DSEA-Retired/NEA-Retired before retirement and his/her membership will become active when he/she retires.
- Associate Retired - Membership shall be open to any retired educator who is a member of another state's Retired Education Association and is a member of the NEA-Retired and maintains residency in the State of Delaware. Current dues are $20/year for DSEA-Retired; remember that you must continue your membership in your state you retired as well.
REASONS TO JOIN:
- For too many years, issues affecting retired school employees’ pensions & health benefits have been put on the “back burner” by politicians & legislative leaders. DSEA-Retired is an organization that has reversed that neglect.
- In the past, retired school employees found it difficult to maintain ties with the schools – the institution to which they devoted years of effort & dedication. DSEA-Retired, as part of DSEA, provides the opportunity to keep in touch.
- Even with good planning, personal finances can change in retirement. DSEA-Retired & NEA-Retired members continue to qualify for discounts on life, auto, home AD&D, Medicare supplement, long-term care and homeowner’s insurance; books, magazine, car rentals; higher education loans; mutual funds, certificates of deposit, money market funds; credit cards, hearing aid products & other items (www.neamb.com).
- After devoting so much to education, it’s hard to go without news of what’s happening today in the schools. Membership in DSEA-Retired brings regular accounts of trends, issues and developments in public education through publications such as NEA Today, DSEA's ACTION!, DSEA-Retired News and NEA-Retired’s This Active Life.
- Success in improving the lives of school employees can only come through an organization that has the resources, expertise & clout to work effectively with the legislature, the Pension Board, & others who affect your livelihood. Through its affiliation with DSEA, DSEA-Retired is the only retired school employee organization in Delaware that meets these criteria – that has the track record & the tradition to do the job for you!
- Retirees can maintain their active status by joining one of many DSEA-Retired committees, such as Membership, Activity, and Communications. Or, you can become very active by joining the Board of Directors. The committees & board have only one central purpose in mind – to strengthen the DSEA-Retired.
HOW DO I JOIN?
Download the membership form below and mail to Debbie Weaver at the DSEA Headquarters office. You may call 866-734-5834 if you need additional assistance.