Our physical office spaces are closed; all DSEA staff has moved to a remote work environment until March 30th. You can still contact staff at our regular office numbers (Dover: 734-5834, Newark: 366-8440, & Toll-Free 866-734-5834 ) and email addresses. If you aren’t sure who to email, call the respective offices and they will pass your information on to the appropriate staff member. Thank you in advance for your patience during this time.
DSEA represents the over 12,000 classroom teachers, specialists, and education support professionals working in Delaware public schools. These individuals are dedicated to providing the best educational opportunities to the 130,000 Delaware students. DSEA members provide a wide range of services to the students and the communities they live in.
Our members teach students in classrooms from pre-k centers through high school. They counsel adolescents and help them build career aspirations. They deliver instructional assistance in every type of subject. They prepare and serve nutritionally-balanced meals. They provide needed transportation and ensure our schools and facilities are clean and safe. They supply the professional services which help our schools run efficiently.
DSEA members dedicate their lives to supporting children and public education. Since 1919, DSEA's mission has been to make our public schools a safe and vibrant atmosphere for educating students. We remain as dedicated now as when we started in 1919. This dedication will continue to drive us forward, forging important partnerships with parents, community leaders, and elected officials, all focused on the goal of providing Delaware children with the a world-class education.
DSEA Mission Statement
"The Delaware State Education Association, a union of public school employees, advocates for the rights and interests of its members and outstanding public education for all students."
More than just words, that is our mission. DSEA is the voice of education employees - in the General Assembly and the courts, in contract talks, and before school boards and state agencies. We will represent educators wherever people make decisions affecting school employees, our students, and their families.
- to increase the capacity of the local affiliates and members to effectively ADVOCATE for their needs
- to ADVOCATE and build public support necessary for a quality public education for all students
- to increase MEMBERSHIP, member commitment and involvement in activities of the union and its affiliates, and
- to maximize member involvement in the POLITICAL ACTION process in order to impact policy and laws for the benefit of our members
- to increase the capacity of our human resource, fiscal and communication SYSTEMS
- to utilize the best TECHNOLOGY available to collect and share information that will enable effective decision-making.
- that public education is the best way to provide opportunities for all in a democratic society;
- that our members in public education and public health are our most valuable resources. It is through their empowerment and involvement that we will achieve our mission and goals;
- that advocacy on behalf of our members and public education is the primary focus of our organization; and
- that we build relationships based on fairness, dignity and respect.