Our physical office spaces are closed; all DSEA staff have moved to remote work environments indefinitely. You can still contact staff at our regular office numbers (Dover: 734-5834, Newark: 366-8440, & Toll-Free 866-734-5834 ) and email addresses. If you aren’t sure who to email, call the respective offices and they will pass your information on to the appropriate staff member. Thank you in advance for your patience during this time.
Below, you will find more information on COVID-19 and how it can affect schools, families, and the state of Delaware in general. We have also included resources for Parents/Guardians to keep their students engaged while at home.
We will continue to add to this page as more information comes our way.
General information on COVID-19
- About the Coronavirus
- FAQ & Prevention Tips from Christina Care
- Information from Delaware Public Division of Public Health
- Schools and Coronvirus - what you should know
- Delaware's State of Emergency Declaration
- Governor's Update to Emergency Declaration
- Delaware Schools Closed until March 27th
- Gov. Carney Issues Stay-at-Home Order
- Gov. Carney Closes Schools until May 15th
COVID-19 & Educator Resources
Nemours has great teacher guides for all grade levels that are relevant to the spread of germs, colds and flu for all levels, and more, that are worth checking out. Please take a look at the information on the links below.
- PDF- Germs for K-2
- PDF- Germs for 3-5 Grade
- PDF - Germs for 6-8 Grade
- PDF- Germs for 9-12 Grade
- Kids Health in the Classroom Home Page
- Article for kids with a Q&A regarding the virus
- General information for kids about the virus
- Kids guide to coronavirus
- For Educators planning virtual learning
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt- At Home Learning Support for Educators
- STARR Commonwealth is offering their Trauma-Informed Schools training at no cost – that’s right, for FREE! This training is targeting teachers and other school staff as well as mental health professionals. This resource will support you all on your journeys to make your school communities trauma-informed and fully responsive to the psychological and emotional needs of students and staff.
- Webinar: The Center for Partnership Studies and Riane Eisler welcomes Dr. Mary Crnobori, BCBA and Khayree Bey, BBSc, M.Ed for a timely dialogue on how families and school communities are impacted by COVID-19 .
**DSEA doesn't endorse the websites or the content in these links**